Sunday, September 18, 2005

Brown Scapular



Today I was enrolled in the Brown Scapular by Father Miguel Marie. I am excited to start my life in this Carmelite devotion. I was enrolled using the long formula, I believe from the "Book of Blessings."

According to http://carmelnet.org/

The Carmelite Scapular is not:

-a magical charm to protect you

-an automatic guarantee of salvation an excuse for not living up to the demands of the Christian life

It is a sign:

-Which has been approved by the Church for over seven
centuries

-Which stands for the decision to follow Jesus like Mary:

-To be open to God and to his will be guided by faith, hope, and love

-To pray at all times to discover God present in all that happens around us.




I encourage you to find out more about the Carmelite Order and their unique spirituality. Their website can be found here. If you are intrested in being enrolled in the Brown Scapular then you should know that you must be enrolled by a Priest only once in your lifetime. If you'd like to purchase a Brown Scapular you can probably find them at your local Catholic Book Store. If you don't have a book store, look online, if you are financially destitute click here for a free Brown Scapular. I can't vouch for that link working as I haven't tested it. God Bless!